National College Resources Foundation narrowing our nation’s long existing racial gaps in income, wealth, workforce, and educational attainment.
National College Resources Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit educational enhancement organization. Our Mission-is to curtail the high school dropout rate and increase degree and/or certificate enrollment among underserved, underrepresented, at-risk, low-resource, homeless, and foster students.
Our Vision-is to close the gap in educational achievement, workforce and economic disparities with the goal to end racism and racial inequality.
National College Resources Foundation is a staple in underserved communities. We have provided programs and services to students and families focused on three pillar areas:
- Educational Achievement Gap
- Worforce Gap
- Economic Disparities
Due to the gaps widening in Achievement, Workforce and Economics, National College Resources Foundation has programs to address these areas which has made significant impacts in our community. Our programs are:
- The Movement Enrichment Program-A program that confronts the disparities in the educational system by providing holistic, comprehensive intervention, mentoring, tutoring, college and career planning, financial literacy, student athlete assistance, and internship and career placement.
- Internships and Careers Program- A program that teaches job readiness to connect students, college students and college graduates to jobs, internships and career opportunities. Help students learn to write an effective resume, interviewing techniques, tips on dressing for success and how to use social media and build a LinkedIn Profile.
- Students Think STEAM- A program that provides 20+ hands on curriculum to increase awareness and diversity STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Aviation, Aerospace, and Mathematics). To help students from underserved communities increase their grades and test scores in math and science, and to help students explore all the career opportunities in STEM/STEAM with the goal to increase diversity in this career field.
- Student Athlete Program- Provides the 411 for student athletes to understand what it takes to play at the next level. SAP helps connect student athletes to college coaches by hosting athletic combines and showcases for athletes to get exposure to get recruited. It is founded on the principal of being a Student Athlete first and not an Athlete student. SAP shares with student athletes the importance of education.
- Latino College Expo –Engages Latino students ages 6th-12th grade in resources and opportunities that exist in higher education and positive post-secondary pursuits. At the same time the Latino College Expo will also expose current college students to opportunities and resources that exist for undergraduate/graduate students, such as scholarships/grants, and internship/career programs. This EXPO brings Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI), Educational Funding Sources (Dream Act, Cal Grants, etc.), along with Internship and Career opportunities together to help students succeed.
- Black College Expo- Another program that also supports our College and Career piece of The Movement Enrichment Program. BCE highlights over 50 of the 104 historically black colleges and universities, along with other higher learning institutions and educational services. It was developed 21 years ago to serve as a vital link between minorities and college admissions. Although the purpose is to educate ALL students about HBCUs and the college admission process, you’ll find public colleges, private colleges, Ivy Leagues, and military colleges on site. The overall goal is to encourage and promote the importance of higher education, while providing positive guidance and pathways towards positive post-secondary pursuits for students from underserved and underrepresented communities.
Our Success has been the following:
- 70% of our intensive students (students in danger of failing) increased their grades at least one letter grade
- 90% of our intensive students receive passing grades in all their classes
- The Movement has increased students in Math 1 Benchmark 25%
- The Movement Team has increased students Benchmark grades in Math as high as 150%
- Over 95% of our scholarship winners finish college
- Created a 100% College Going Rate at high schools
- The Movement Program has a 100% graduation rate among African American high school students
- The Movement Program has increased graduation rates at all high schools at least 20%
- 100% of our students in the Movement Program apply to college or certified program
- Placed over 1000 college students in internships and careers
- Helped over 500,000 students get into college
- We have awarded over 1 million dollars in scholarships
- Helped over 900 athletes receive athletic scholarships, totaling over 85 million dollars
- Helped students secured over 1 billion in scholarships and grants
- Hosted over 150 College Expos, Financial Aid Seminars, and College Planning Sessions
National College Resources Foundation connects students to College, Careers & Beyond!